Senior AccountantCity of Mill Creek
$69,293 - $91,184 annual DOQ
The City of Mill Creek is seeking a talented and highly experienced individual to join our Finance team as a Senior Accountant. This position is responsible for performing complex accounting activities and ensuring compliance with governmental accounting standards. Excellent skills in research, analysis, report writing, decision making and managing projects and timelines are essential. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of being able to work independently, provide leadership within a work team, and facilitate effective communication within an organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare the City’s annual financial report for the State Auditor’s Office. Establish timelines, coordinate City-wide financial data, review data, validate information, and investigate/resolve discrepancies.
- Responsible for the preparation of the biennial budget, including analytical review of data from all departments. Compilation of budget book in accordance with GFOA standards.
- Perform month end and quarterly financial reports, including preparation of financial statement packet for City Council and public.
- Perform year end close procedures to ensure compliance with governmental requirements.
- Re-design current ERP account structures to facilitate biennial budgeting and SAO reporting. Propose improvements and modifications for existing systems or processes as necessary to efficiently provide accurate reporting of financial transactions.
- Responsible for coordinating, facilitating, planning, and providing information for the annual State audit.
- Research, analyze and accurately interpret complex issues and technical information, make logical conclusions based on analysis and utilize information to independently make recommendations, formulate judgments and initiate or complete action.
- Recommends policies and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting practices, laws and regulations; audits financial records for completeness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Oversee accounts receivable invoicing and collections. Maintain billing system.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of work-related issues, including but not limited to customer, employee and City information and records.
This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of the job. Other duties may be assigned and/or performed.
Experience and Education/Training:
- A four (4) year degree in accounting plus four (4) years of municipal accounting experience, or any combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job.
- In depth knowledge of the BARS system, advanced working knowledge of Excel, ERP experience.
Must be bondable.
- 4 - 5 years municipal accounting experience.
- SQL query skills.
- SAO experience.
The City of Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.