Recreation CoordinatorCity of Mill Creek
$25.53 - $33.59 DOQ
The City of Mill Creek is seeking an engaging and reliable Recreation Coordinator for our Recreation programs and services! This position is responsible for coordinating activities related to the City’s recreation and tourism initiatives including the planning, implementation, and maintenance of a year-round program of classes, community events, sports leagues, and camps.
This is a full time position, with a schedule that is sometimes dependent on events, so availability on weekend days is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organize and facilitate City sponsored community recreational activities and events. Develop plans and service contracts; develop and propose budgets for programs and events. Facilitate City’s involvement in privately sponsored recreational events.
- Provide staff support to the Parks and Recreation Board and related recreation groups as appropriate.
- Recruit and secure sponsors for recreation programs and events.
- Participate in supervision, coordination and implementation of recreation classes and programs.
- Assist and arrange for facilities, timing, set-up and take-down. Maintain and post reservation schedule for City recreational facilities and annual event calendar. Sports Park coordination and billing.
- Promote recreation programs and assists with marketing of programs/events including creating flyers and distribution of flyers, brochures and posters. Make presentations to various community groups regarding community recreation opportunities.
- Assist with development and posting of the City’s social media content as it relates to the City’s recreation programs and events.
- Suggest program improvements and enhancements.
- Assist with supervision and scheduling of part-time and seasonal staff, contract instructors and volunteers supporting sports leagues, classes, and camps including processing contract payment forms.
- Coordinate the Youth Basketball League, including the recruitment, orientation, and scheduling of seasonal Basketball Referees and Gym Supervisor.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of work-related issues, including but not limited to customer, employee and City information and records.
This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of the job. Other duties may be assigned and/or performed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.
Experience and Education / Training:
- A four-year degree in recreation, leisure studies or related field along with two years of experience working in recreation, or a minimum of four years paid experience in a related field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- CPR and Basic First Aid certification or the ability to obtain it within three months of hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
Additional requirements (if any):
- Must work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Project management experience.
- Event coordination experience.
For a more complete list of job duties, and to apply for this position, please visit the City of Mill Creek’s employment website by clicking Apply Now above.
The City of Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.