Preschool Playgroup AssistantCity of Mill Creek
Preschool Playgroup Assistant
$12.56 - $16.52 per hour DOQ
The City of Mill Creek is seeking an energetic Preschool Playgroup Assistant for the City’s Preschool Pals Program. Under direct supervision, the Playgroup Assistant performs routine tasks to assist with instructing a preschool program involving a variety of education elements for children three to five years of age.
This position is part time and generally follows the School District schedule (with breaks and summers off). Learn more about our Preschool Programs here.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with coordinating and instructing playgroup activities for children aged three to five including but not limited to class time reading, telling stories, art/craft projects, music/movement and other learning activities.
- Use available resources to provide a safe, fun and positive environment for the children.
- Gather and prepare approved program materials.
- Maintain daily records of attendance, including parent/guardian authorization waiver forms.
- Report incidents, property damage and injuries involving participants or staff to supervisor.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and safe learning environment; monitor food intake of children with dietary restrictions.
- Help ensure safe storage and usage of equipment and supplies; set up and clean up as needed for program activities.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of work-related issues, including but not limited to customer, employee and City information and records.
This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of the job. Other duties may be assigned and/or performed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.
Experience and Education/Training:
- High school diploma or certificate of equivalency (GED), and 1-2 years age appropriate experience working with children, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- Current child and adult First Aid and CPR certifications and Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Two years related experience working with children ages three to five years of age in an organized learning program preferred.
The City of Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.