Communications and Marketing CoordinatorCity of Mill Creek
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
$54,292 - $71,445 annual DOQ
The City of Mill Creek is seeking a highly skilled Communications and Marketing Coordinator. This position will plan and implement marketing, communications and promotional activities to help develop and maintain a positive public perception of the City of Mill Creek’s programs, places and people.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Researches and writes a variety of marketing-communications pieces, such as communications plans, news releases, news articles, promotional content, web content and project overviews.
- Edits marketing and communications items for accuracy, style, punctuation and grammar.
- Assists with media relations, including distributing news, managing media lists, fielding media queries, and implementing communications.
- Assists with development and posting of the City’s social media content; Updates web content and develops new web pages and content for marketing-communications initiatives.
- Participates in community outreach efforts, including coordination of focus groups and community meetings.
- Assists with event coordination, including facilities, timing, set-up and take-down, volunteers, and other logistical needs; Coordinates video and photography work, manages vendors as needed.
- Promotes/assists with marketing-communications of programs and events including creation and distribution of flyers, brochures and posters. Recruits and secures sponsors and donations for programs and events.
- Prepares presentations and handouts; Reports on marketing-communications activity, analyzes metrics and suggests program improvements.
- Helps manage the City’s brand, including enforcing brand standards.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality of work-related issues, including but not limited to customer, employee and City information and records.
This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of the job. Other duties may be assigned and/or performed.
Experience and Education / Training:
A four-year degree in communications, public relations, marketing, English, journalism or related field along with two years of experience working in marketing, communications or public relations, or a minimum of four years paid experience in a related field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
Must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
Additional requirements (if any):
- Must work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must have very strong written and oral communications skills as demonstrated by prior experience.
- Design experience.
- Event coordination experience.
The City of Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.