Seasonal Laborer - Janitorial Services
Open until filled. First review of applications July 23, 2020.
One position will be filled from this recruitment process.
Seasonal positions are hired for up to 1200 hours and are not eligible for health care benefits. These positions will work a scheduled shift of approximately 20 hours per week, however, hours will vary depending on the needs of the department. Candidates must be available to work early morning and evening hours including weekends.
These are temporary positions (semi-skilled labor). Duties performed will vary depending on area of assignment as well as tasks performed during peak season activities. These seasonal laborers positions will be assigned to custodian services.
- Performs a variety of cleaning duties including cleaning surfaces, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming carpets; removes stains from carpets; cleans and sanitizes restrooms; and replaces paper goods.
- Cleans and empties trash and recycling containers.
- Checks and replaces interior light bulbs through normal course of duties.
- Locks and secures buildings at the end of shift to ensure building security.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver's License.
- Must be able to pass the City's driving abilities assessment.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background check.
- Must be 18 years of age or older by date of application.
- Previous experience in custodian services is preferred.
- Must be available to work early morning or evening hours.
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms overhead and horizontally; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, push, pull, and twist. The employee must frequently lift up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and lift or move 50 - 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Incumbents are occasionally exposed to odors, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. This position works mostly indoors, and the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This position works a regular full-time schedule, however, incumbents will typically work outside normal business hours. Depending on assigned shift, hours may include early morning or evening hours.
Teamsters union membership optional for those who work more than 347 hours in a rolling calendar year.