City of MarysvilleCity of Marysville
Open until filled. First review of applications January 24, 2020.
Up to two vacancies will be filled from this recruitment process. These are full-time, regular positions which are eligible for healthcare benefits.
Candidates will work a scheduled shift that will include work outside normal business hours. Depending on assigned shift, hours may include early morning or evening hours.
This position, under general supervision, performs a variety of custodial duties in the cleaning of City facilities; provides general cleaning services by hand and with small powered janitorial equipment; provides refuse and recycling removal from work areas of City buildings; performs minor maintenance on custodial equipment; ensures security of buildings after employees have left for the day.
Work is performed within established procedures with individual judgement. Incumbents' work is frequently reviewed.
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Operates and maintains custodial equipment including: vacuums, steam cleaners, floor polishing equipment and others.
- Cleans interior surfaces, fixtures and entryways including: sweeps, buffs, mops and waxes floors; shampoos and vacuums carpets; removes stains from carpet; cleans and sanitizes restrooms; unclogs minor sink and toilet clogs; washes windows, cleans drains; cleans tables, mirrors, and windows; and replaces paper goods.
- Removes graffiti from interior walls and woodwork.
- Cleans and empties trash and recycling containers.
- Maintains janitorial supplies inventory, which may include driving to pick up and deliver supplies.
- Locks and secures buildings at the end of shift to ensure building security.
- When assigned, performs minor painting touch ups as needed.
- Checks and replaces interior light bulbs through normal course of janitorial duties.
- When assigned, may replace HVAC filters.
A combination of the experience, education, and training listed below which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
- One year of custodial, janitorial, or related experience.
- Must be 18 years of age or older by date of application.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of windows based computers.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Must possess, or have the ability to possess within one month of hire date, a Washington State Driver's License.
- Must possess, or have the ability to possess within one month of hire date, first aid, CPR, and Bloodborne Pathogens certifications.
- Must be bondable.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background check.
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms overhead and horizontally; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, push, pull, and twist. The employee must frequently lift up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and lift or move 50 – 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Incumbents are occasionally exposed to odors, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. This position works mostly indoors, and the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This position works a regular full-time schedule, however, incumbents will typically work outside normal business hours. Depending on assigned shift, hours may include early morning or evening hours.
Posted in-house: 1/13/2020 - 1/17/2020.