Bus Maintenance PersonCity of Everett
The City of Everett is accepting applications on an open/competitive basis for the Civil Service examination process for BUS MAINTENANCE PERSON. This position is responsible for the custodial maintenance of the interior and exterior of City transit and paratransit vehicles, bus shelters and bus stops. Employees also perform minor servicing tasks on transit vehicles such as fueling and checking and adding fluids to engines, transmissions, and cooling systems. Included is the use of standard cleaning tools, equipment, substances, solutions, solvents, waxes, and polishes. The position is under the direct administrative and technical supervision of the Transit Operations Program Manager or his/her designee.
For a full description of this position, please see the class specification on the City's website
Must be twenty-one (21) years of age on or before application filing closing date. Must possess an excellent driving record in accordance with departmental standards.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted driver license at the time of hire. Must possess a valid, Washington State Driver License within 30 days of hire.
- Must be able to safely operate transit and paratransit vehicles as requires.
- Possession of, Possession of, or the ability to obtain within 30 days of hire, a Washington State Commercial Driver License (CDL) and necessary endorsements associated with transit and paratransit vehicles as prescribed by law.
- Must submit to an extensive background investigation, medical examination, and drug testing.
- Must be able to meet and maintain the medical standards established by federal and state laws, rules, and regulations for commercial drivers.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application materials may be accessed via http://www.everettwa.gov/careers.
- All applicants are required to complete and submit the following:
- The standard City of Everett Application Form including the questionnaires. Thoroughly follow all directions and complete questions completely.
- An Abstract of Driving Record - Full
- Applications must be submitted through the City's online application system by 5:00 p.m. on November 30, 2018.
- LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- The screening process will consist of a supplemental questionnaire weighted 40%.
- Top-scoring applicants will be called to a practical exam weighted pass or fail and an oral interview weighted 60%, tentatively scheduled for December 13, 2018.
- All vacancies in this job class will be filled from the ranked Civil Service register established from the examination process for 12 months.
- A passing grade of 70.00 or higher is required on all parts of the screening process for placement on the ranked Civil Service eligible register.
- The examination process is designed to sample and measure the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants claiming veterans' preference points in accordance with RCW 41.04.010 as amended and meeting eligibility criteria must submit form DD214 or other official military separation documentation that clearly indicates an honorable discharge from military service on or before the date filing closes.
- Extensive background checks will be conducted.
- Any position requiring a CDL or the performance of a safety-sensitive function will be subject to the City of Everett's random Drug and Alcohol Policy per Federal DOT regulations.
- Hiring offers are contingent upon successful completion of a City-paid pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- New hires begin employment at the first step of the salary range. This job classification is represented by Everett Municipal Employees Local 113, AFSCME.
Filing Opens: November 15, 2018
Filing Closes: November 30, 2018
Bus Maintenance Person Qualification Requirements
Applicants must submit with their application materials for Bus Maintenance Person a completed Prequalification Form. To be eligible to participate in the examination process for Bus Maintenance Person, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Able to account for 5 years of driving experience legally operating a motor vehicle without restrictions.
- No more than 2 accidents (2 or less) within the last 5 years (at fault or not at fault).
- No moving violations (none) within the last 2 years.
- No felony convictions within the last 10 years for reckless or negligent driving, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or vehicular assault or homicide.
- No driver license suspensions or revocations for any offense with the last 5 years.
- No alcohol or drug related convictions within the last 10 years.
- Able to work split shifts and a varied schedule, including weekends and holidays.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and the special requirements listed on the examination announcement, please follow these instructions - be sure to sign/date application forms.
Obtain, complete, sign and submit:
- Employment application form
- The Prequalification Form
- The Supplemental Questionnaire (SQ) (Provide clear and precise responses. Supplemental Questionnaire is blind-rated and raters will not have access to the application when grading the Supplemental Questionnaire.)
- Your Abstract of Driving Record - Full (do not submit any other kind of abstract)
- The abstract must be dated between November 1, 2018 and November 30, 2018 (out of state abstracts must provide similar information and not be limited to employment or commercial driving records)