Unit DirectorBoys & Girls Clubs of Snohomish County
UNIT DIRECTOR POSITION
LOCATION: Brewster, Washington
SALARY: TBD Based on qualifications & experience; Competitive compensation for region
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Group Life, and Disability Insurance, 8 Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Leave, Company provided Retirement Plan.
Under the supervision of the assigned Area Director, the Unit Director has responsibility for the coordination and implementation of Club programs, development of a comprehensive strategy to increase recruitment, retention and Club’s average daily attendance. In addition, the Unit Director is accountable for supervising Club personnel, the care and up-keep of the facility, community and school relations, budget development/control and proven skills in fund-raising events and obtaining sponsorships. On-going responsibility for developing and maintaining public relations activities to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club, local business community and Service Organizations.
- Plans, organizes and supervises Club programs that facilitate the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Provides supervision and development of Club staff and oversight of volunteers.
- Supports key Boys & Girls Club initiatives including Formula for Impact, National Youth Outcomes and Project Learn.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain Club properties and equipment, including use of facilities by outside groups.
- Promotes and markets programs to Club members, parents and the community, including the school district and city.
- Provides leadership, direction and problem solving in regards to guidance services for Club members.
- Responsible for care and up-keep of the facility and equipment.
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of potential donors/sponsors to the Club.
- Establishes programs that insure the health and safety of members at Club and off-site sponsored activities.
- Develops and manages annual budget that maximizes revenues from activities and emphasizes maximum cost controls.
QUALIFICATIONS: Four-year college degree preferred or equivalent experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar non-profit organization supervising activities based on the developmental needs of youth. Employment is subject to I-9 eligibility, background check and drug screening.