Sound Surgeons Surgery Center has been focused exclusively on bariatric surgery for over a decade. We are nationally recognized leaders in the surgical treatment of obesity, and are now expanding our surgery center to include other procedures. We have an exciting opportunity for a Night Shift PACU RN. Come work for a dynamic team with an incredible mission!
Night Shift RN needed for a Full Time Position: 8pm – 8:30am variable, weekday (no weekends or holidays) with $5,000 sign-on bonus!
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Assessment of patient status on a continuing basis, and alert surgeon should the patient’s status change per protocol and guidelines
- Communicate appropriate information regarding patient conditions to those who require the information including: surgeons, anesthesia, management and other members of the team.
- Safely carry out physician’s orders correctly and promptly, documenting all activities.
- Function in RN role competently within scope of practice and training for specific role and responsibilities.
- Providing for the comfort and safety of patients through continuous monitoring, assessment, critical thinking and evaluation of patient status.
- Execute treatment plan and medication administration per protocols
- Provide immediate emergent care to patients as needed for change in status per protocols and guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, prioritizes work to meet the changing needs of the department.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for confidentiality, Infection Control, safety (OSHA), attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Demonstrates the ability to direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations.
- Expertise in safety principles, asepsis, sterile technique and universal precautions.
- A minimum of one year PACU or Critical Care experience, Pre/Post-Operative or Operating Room experience, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center setting.
- Maintains current State of Washington RN licensure.
- Maintains BLS certification for Health Care Providers.
- Maintains ACLS certification.
- Must be willing to flex work hours as needed and/or requested by Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits: Salary based on experience, Shift Differential provided, Paid Time off, health benefits, and retirement program.
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a good fit for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!