Hourly Pay Range: $25.41 - $31.51
This is a part-time (28.5 hours per week), union position that is eligible for prorated benefits. Union membership is required. Wages listed are 2017 wages as the union contract is currently in negotiations.
Under general supervision, plans and performs complex administrative office coordination to assure smooth, timely and efficient office operations for the department or assigned office; relieves supervisor of technical clerical and administrative duties having department-wide impact; researches, collects, analyzes and compiles data and information for inclusion in reports; maintains complex financial records, files and budgets related to departmental operations, programs and expenditures.
- Plans and performs complex administrative office coordination; relieves the supervisor of technical clerical and administrative duties having department-wide impact.
- Enters payroll into Eden for the department.
- Performs various administrative duties including answering telephones and greeting visitors; provides information in person or on the telephone or refers to appropriate department personnel; opens, screens and routes mail.
- Maintains calendars for supervisor as assigned; schedules appointments and conferences; assists with travel reservations and vehicle check-in and check out for the supervisor and staff as requested.Composes, prepares and types a variety of correspondence, memos, reports and other materials and proofreads materials to assure accuracy and completeness. Organizes and coordinates office functions, activities and communications; assures efficient workflow and office operations. Prepares reports, minutes, agendas, correspondence and other materials as appropriate and according to decisions and approved actions.
- Maintains accurate financial records and files pertaining to departmental expenditures, budget balances and operations; prepares status reports, charts and other documents as requested; prepares and coordinates purchase of office supplies, equipment and other expenditures.
- Provides staff support and administrative assistance to boards and committees; prepares reports, agendas, correspondence and other materials as appropriate and according to decisions and approved actions.
- Processes documents specific to the office assigned according to established procedures: including purchase orders and right-of-way permits. Prepares invoices; receipts money for payment of department services; prepares daily payment reports; counts cash drawer and reconciles receipt payments for Payment Manager and Bitco/Permit Trax system.
- Serves as notary for the department for City business.
- Maintains files and records pertaining to departmental expenditures, budget, etc. and retains and purges records as needed under the Washington State records retention and archiving rules.Operates office machines including: computers, copiers, calculators, typewriters and other equipment as assigned.
- Performs a variety of special duties, projects or activities of assigned department or office.
Required Knowledge of:
- City organization, procedures, federal and state laws.
- Administrative functions and operations of a City government.
- Research methods, data collection and statistical analysis.
- Accurate, lawful, and efficient record-keeping techniques.
- Budget monitoring and control including proficient skills in mathematics.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Principles of customer service and public relations.
- Proper telephone etiquette.
- Effective oral and written communication principles and practices.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and computer applications sufficient to perform assigned work.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Principles of business letter writing.
Required Skill in:
- Performing technical clerical and administrative duties having department-wide impact.
- Planning and performing technical administrative office coordination duties.
- Maintaining records, files, and information in compliance with laws, policies and procedures.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining rules, regulations, policies, procedures and laws.
- Successfully meeting schedules and time lines.
- Preparing a variety of reports, logs, records and files related to assigned activities.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information; working confidentially with discretion.
- Being flexible and able to work with diverse personalities.
- Researching a variety of subjects and presenting information in an efficient, accurate manner.
- Utilizing personal computer software programs and other relevant software affecting assigned work.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public.
- Meeting schedules and time lines and ability to work independently.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing including public relations and customer service.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school including or supplemented by course work in business administration, office management, office administration or related field and three years of increasingly responsible administrative office support experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid State of Washington Driver's License.
- Some positions in this classification may be required to take and transcribe meeting minutes
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass background check.
- Office environment.
- Constant interruptions.
- Hearing, speaking or otherwise communicating to exchange information in person or on the phone.
- Reading and understanding a variety of materials.
- Operating/using a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Sitting, standing or otherwise remaining in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching, reaching above shoulders and horizontally or otherwise positioning oneself to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting/carrying or otherwise moving or transporting up to 20 lbs.
- Contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: A completed online application, an attached resume, and an accompanying cover letter are required to be considered for this position. An incomplete application packet will disqualify you.