At The Everett Clinic, our purpose is simple—do the right thing—for our patients and each other. This philosophy allows us to recruit the best talent and enjoy a reputation as one of the most innovative and high-quality healthcare providers in the country.
Some say we are a medical group, but we like to think we're a large family. Our team cares about our patients and each other. We offer the best in quality care, advanced technologies and quality facilities.
Our Core Values:
- We do what is right for each patient.
- We provide an enriching and supportive workplace.
- Our team focuses on value: service, quality, and cost.
Overview: Under general supervision, the medical assistant works with all members of the departmental health care team providing assistance to patients, and nursing staff with direct and indirect patient care, ensuring smooth work and patient flow within the department.
- Sign-On Bonus
- Part-time and full time schedules available
- Multiple locations in Snohomish County, North King County and Eastside
- Part-time, 20+ hours/week is benefit eligibile
- The Medical Assistant-Certified (MA-C) is responsible for providing assistance to the healthcare practitioner by providing direct patient care.
- This includes:
- Face to face, telephone or electronic contact with patients for the purpose of examination, treatment, monitoring, and preparation for diagnostic tests or procedure.
- Notifying the RN/provider immediately in situations where the patient is unstable or requires urgent or emergent care.
- Assisting with care under the direct supervision of the RN/provider.
- The MA-C functions as an integral member of the healthcare team.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Medical Assistant-Certified (MA-C) through the Washington State Department of Health.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (through the American Heart Association).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Noted below are the essential responsibilities the job holder must be able to perform satisfactorily to do this job successfully. Note that these requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job
- Knowledge of medical office practice. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of and the ability to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and (medications, if credentialed to do so) as directed. Skill in taking vital signs. Skill in maintaining records and recording test results. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, employees, physicians and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Typing skills needed if backing up reception. Ability to communicate clearly.
Location/Region: Everett, WA