Institute of Flight
Job Vacancy Notice – Multiple Positions
The Institute of Flight in Mukilteo is seeking several customer service oriented Visitor Services Representatives.
Starting wage is $11.00 - $13.00 per hour; work schedule varies between 8 - 29 hours per week.
This position is a critical team member of an exciting world class visitor and event center, serving the aerospace industry and the community at large, at the Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour, and will be an employee of the Institute of Flight, operator of the facility. These positions will be open until filled.
Visitor Services Representatives will work at the direction of the Public Relations and Social Media Associate Director and will be responsible for greeting visitors to the Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour, selling tickets, customer service, operating a virtual ride, the Innovator, and other functions as outlined in the detailed job description.
- Post-high school or equivalent with additional training or experience in counter sales.
- Must be energetic, customer oriented, friendly, and a team player.
- Must have previous experience working with the public at an entry-level capacity.
- An ability to learn and manage computer point of sales systems, procedures and policies.
- Cash and/or credit card handling experience required.
- First aid training a plus.
- Must be willing to work a varied schedule. Examples of possible shifts include*:
October 1, 2017 to May 28, 2018**:
- 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*Shifts may vary based on anticipated needs or ability to support a colleague on a rare occasion.
** Hours may increase from Memorial Day thru June 13, 2018 due to longer facility hours.
- Must speak and read English fluently; second language a plus.
For a complete description of job functions, see our Visitor Services Representative job description at
Candidates are encouraged to apply knowing that interviews will be on October 11 and 12, 2017 between 12:00 and 6:00 p.m., and October 18, 2017 between 1:00 and 6:00 p.m.
To be considered for the Visitor Services Representative position, please submit your résumé and cover letter, first and second choice of date and time for interview, and which shifts work for your schedule to Jody Hawkins, Public Relations and Social Media Associate Director,
. In your cover letter, please share how this position would complement your life, and include available start date and hours/days of availability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace