INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNICIAN - PHYSICS
Join us at EvCC to provide instructional and laboratory support to the students and faculty in our Physical Science courses. Typical duties include:
- Developing scientific instructional programs, demonstration models and laboratory procedures in conjunction with Physical Sciences faculty
- Purchasing, testing, maintaining and repairing laboratory support equipment
- Inventorying and acquiring supplies and materials required for classroom and laboratory demonstrations and experiments
- Coordinating the Physical Sciences laboratories, storage and preparation rooms, controlling equipment, supplies and use of space
- Bachelor’s Degree with major study in a physical science; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with, and understanding of, the principles of laboratory safety
- Experience operating and maintaining scientific instruments and equipment
- Experience in effectively working with colleagues and students from diverse backgrounds, including differences in culture, heritage, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, class and religion.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience in using Macintosh and Windows computers to interface with laboratory sensors and probes.
- Computer skills necessary for word processing, data analysis and imaging
Typical hours 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, with some flexibility. Typical Summer hours 7:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday.
Salary $3,353.00 to $4,399.00 per month. This is a full time, year-round position with benefits.
Apply online by October 13, 2017: http://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/3725 Or at www.everettcc.edu/jobs