The Finance Operations Specialist provides professional and specific support and backup for grant administration, procurement and contracting services, as well as for capital asset management. This position also works in concert with the CFO and Controller in support of special projects and initiatives, and provides confidential administrative support to both the CFO and the Chief of Legal Affairs. In the absence of the Executive Office Manager, this position will serve as the primary backup.
- In conjunction with the Procurements and Contracts Administrator, research and validate contract compliance with Port purchasing policies and with public works law.
- Assist Capital Project Managers in drafting RFPs, ITBs and RFQs.
- Assist the Procurements and Contracts Administrator with the management of JOC work orders.
- Act as the primary back-up for the Procurement and Contracts Administrator.
Grants and Loan Administration
- In conjunction with the Grants Administrator, research and validate compliance with all legal and reporting requirements for federal, state and other third party financial grants, loans and contractual reimbursements.
- Collaborate with the Grant Administrator in drafting grant and loan applications.
- In coordination with the Grant/Loan Administrator, respond to staff and external inquiries regarding the grant/loan programs.
- Act as the primary back-up for the Grants/Loan Administrator.
Capital Asset Administration
- In conjunction with the Lead Accountant, research and validate that departments and individuals are in compliance with accounting standards and Port policies.
- Assist the Lead Accountant in accounting for capital purchases and in capital budget compliance.
- Work with Capital Project Managers in providing reports and documentation for capital projects and in their management of budget and contractual constraints for those projects.
Other Finance-Related Duties
- Participate with financial staff in developing policy and procedures, and training opportunities regarding those processes, to affected staff.
- Support internal audit processes as directed.
- Provide assistance to the Records Officer in maintaining physical and digital records management and control.
Miscellaneous Contract Management
- Manage and administer general goods and services contracts as assigned.
- Audit assigned contracts for compliance.
- Review invoices for assigned services and code/submit invoices for payment.
- Provide oversight, training and monitoring of purchasing card program.
Materials, Equipment and Supplies
- Acquire supplies, materials, tools, equipment and purchased services as designated in the Port’s purchasing policy.
- Manage the inventory of small and attractive assets.
- Prepare competitive solicitations, evaluate bids and award contracts.
- Assist other departments in the acquisition of materials, equipment and services.
- Maintain the Port’s Procurement and Contract files, including original copies of Professional and Service Contracts, the overall services contracts list, credit applications, and the associated retention schedules.
Risk and Asset Management
- Maintain the database of insurance certificates, assuring that it is complete and up-to-date.
- Assist with emergency preparedness and disaster recovery activities as assigned.
- Track 3rd party claims against the Port, together with repair and replacement records.
Public Records /Executive services
- Assist the Public Records Officer, the Chief of Legal Affairs and outside counsel in discovery and public records requests.
- Serve as backup in the absence of the Executive Office Manager.