Implements and supervises athletics program/s for the YMCA, its members and thecommunity.
1. Represents the YMCA and maintains appropriate relationships with members, parentsand youth.
2. Instructs practices at agreed upon scheduled times and supervises at scheduled games.
3. Promotes YMCA facilities and programs, and assists in special events when needed.
4. Arrange for substitutes to teach scheduled classes when necessary.
5. Manages the equipment, resources and programs of the department for delivery of thebest possible programs.
6. Upholds all safety practices in the facility.
7. Instructs at and/or helps with summer camps, practices and clinics.
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Community:Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Communication: Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Developing Others: Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience formembers.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. A minimum of one year previous experience coaching specific sport, as well as in-depthknowledge of rules and guidelines.
3. Must present a professional image to parents and the general public.
4. Must be highly organized, possess superior communication skills and teaching abilities.
5. Must be able to develop harmonious relationships with staff members and communityleaders.
6. Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions andto supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
Part time and Saturdays.
YMCA of Florida’s First Coast https://firstcoastymca.applicantpro.com
Location/Region: Fleming Island, FL (US)