Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safeand positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance withYMCA policies and procedures.
1. Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situationsimmediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
3. Maintains effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for thepool and aquatic area.
5. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Departmentcode.
6. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
7. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
8. Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takesappropriate action.
9. Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment ofessential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may beassigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates wells to others.
Decision-Making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation toanother.
Emotional Maturity: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitation and how they impact relationships.
Functional Expertise: Has the function and technical knowledge and skills required toperform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-dates knowledge and skill intechnology.
1. Minimum age of 16.
2. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, O2, First Aid certification.
3. Current YMCA Lifeguarding Certification.
4. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
5. Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
**Training certifications are available. YMCA staff eligible for 50% reimbursement on certification fees after 10 consecutive weeks of employment.**
1. Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
2. Must be able to remain alert.
3. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
4. Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals.
5. Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision.
6. Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue.
7. Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal andloud situations.
Shifts available, 5am-9pm.
YMCA of Florida’s First Coast https://firstcoastymca.applicantpro.com
Location/Region: Jacksonville, FL (US)