Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes.
1. Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, havingprepared lesson plans accordingly.
2. Develops positive relationships with members and participants and provides motivationalsupport and guidance.
3. Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
4. Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refersmembers and participants to other programs.
5. Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
6. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
7. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency andsafety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
8. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
9. Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
Developing Others: Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Decision-Making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation toanother.
Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience formembers.
Emotional Maturity: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
1. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, O2, First Aid certification.
2. Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
3. YMCA Swim Instructor certification.4. At least 16 years of age.
Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
YMCA of Florida’s First Coast https://firstcoastymca.applicantpro.com